Wednesday, January 18, 2012












I have a confession to make, I said I would show photos of my sewing studio today well I'm not. I decided I want to clean and organize it before I share. Instead I'm going to show you a project I completed today. I have a powder-room in my sewing studio and I have enough room in there for a small bookcase. I know this because I had one in there but then when I updated my bedroom it got moved down there. Since doing that I feel like there is a big empty spot so what is a girl to do but...replace it. I headed back to good ole Wally World and purchased a black 3 shelf book case for around $13.00. I knew I wanted to add a little more umph to it.

I found a roll of cheetah print wall-paper for $.99 at my local Goodwill and wanted to use it somewhere. I wasn't thrilled with idea of actually using it on my walls (I get bored w/decor easily and knew wallpaper really messes walls up). So I decided to use the wallpaper to help with the plain bookcase. I love how it turned out.



This is how the bookshelf arrived, all boxed up and ready to assemble.
This is the finished product. I added the wallpaper to the back board prior to nailing it to the bookcase.
It adds just the right touch. My walls in that room are a nice brown (hapsack by Sherwin Williams), with white trim
and black cabinets. I do have a subtle cheetah theme going on w/my accessories.

Bookshelf looks pretty good to have cost less than $15.




No comments: